Friday, August 17, 2012

Letter from Elder Harrison

We received this email today from Elder Harrison,  The first line shows that he has not lost his sense of humor!
Email sent 8/17/2012  @ 11:09
I met this Sister missionary named Sister Lewis and we really hit it off and are talking about marriage after we get back form our missions, just joking. Everything is going great, I am used to the schedule so i'm a lot less tired during the day, however sitting studying for such long periods of time is still hard. I love all the opportunities to read and to pray and learn spanish. I'm not a pro quite yet but after a week of working at spanish i'm alot further along than I thought i'd be. I guess that is the lord helping me be able to serve him better. The food is great, I'm eating lots of vegetables and green stuff that keeps me healthy and strong. All the exercise is good too, i'm glad we have that or i'd probably go crazy. My companion and I are getting along pretty well, he speaks really good spanish and I'm pretty good at knowing what our "investigators" need to hear so we make a good team. We taught a woman, a teacher who had assumed the identity of someone she met on her mission, named regina that was really depressed the first time we came over and after we started to teach her of God's love for us and the atonement she really began to change. I know it was simulated but the gospel really can change people, i can't wait to share it with real people in nebraska. We got a new batch of elders wednesday, josh franklin among them, and it feels good to not be the new guys anymore. I felt pretty wise and mature about the week under our belts then this Elder Mull guy (who is the brother of Brandon Mull writer of Fablehaven) went for a record at lunch and put thirty-five grapes in his mouth. Aside from our little shenanigans my district is really great, full of men that have great testimonies and know exactly what they are doing here. We went to the temple this morning and it was my second time, which was really good because I could focus more on my thoughts and feelings than the first time through.After the session we had an amazing breakfast in the temple cafeteria. Today is my first real P-day so while i've got alot to do, I will have time to relax a little here and there. When I got here all the other Elders told me the first week would go by slow and after sunday time would fly. The first week was pretty slow and I hardly knew where I was going but sunday's sacrament was great and we heard a life changing talk given to the mtc at christmas about the character of christ. After sunday time did start to fly and while i do miss everybody i left at home i think alot about what nebraska will be like and i'm really excited to learn spanish better and teach the people there. We get 30 minutes on p-day to read and write emails but we can get letters any time and write them all day on p day. All of the members of my distric have been getting letters and packages and i feel a little left out. there is a website called dear elder where you can write me an email and i'll get it like a letter which is really convenient. I send my love to my family and my ward back home, you guys helped get me here and i'm very grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment