Monday, August 27, 2012



This email was sent by Elder Harrison on 8/24/2012.



Another week gone by at the MTC, I'm pretty well getting the h
ang of things. I'm at the point where there is no new food, i've seen everyhting on the menu, thats kind of a bummer. I loved the letters and emails from everybody, they are so encouraging and there is no feeling like when your district leader says "one for Elder Harrison" when going through the mail. I got a dear elder from a woman named Jan Steed that i think Dad converted on his mission, i'd love to hear that story. I loved Caleb's drawing, about the empty sea. I miss you guys, keep the letters and dear elders coming. As far as my birthday goes,  don't bother with candy, they feed us well enough here so i'm not in the mood for sweets very often. On sundays the only breakfast option is cereal and the lines are always super long, a box of cereal would be fantastic in the next package, kashigo lean crunch or something else like that, also some sweet skinny ties, not so thin that they are radical but just enough to add some variety to my tie wardrobe. Daniel will know exactly what to get, something with color and stripes about the width of the blue penguin tie I brought. 
Today is our first time using the TRC, Daniel can tell you what that is. At first my companion did alot of talking in the lessons because he's really good at spanish but he's sort of started making me take more of the time which is good but will be hard at the same time. I guess thats how missions are, good for you but hard. It is hard but I'm really glad i'm not back at home working on the downstairs with you guys, that sounds pretty rough, I'm curios to see what it looks like when I get back.
 I have a haircut appointment today which im sort of worried about, the barbers here do around the ears really weird, I'll have to take some pictures of the result. Speaking of pictures, I have been taking alot, I'll send them to you when I fill up a memory card. Lots of my district mates and a few of my companion sleeping. Whoever is managing my facebook add my district for me. Elder William Bradley, Eric Peterson, Calvin Petersen, Ty Mull, Luke Spiker, Cahse Jenson and Zack, maybe with an h, Hulsey. They all went to BYU except Hulsey went to snow college and Petersen went to BYU Hawaii. If that helps you find them It'll be easier to tag them in my pictures of them so their families can see them. My district mates never cease to entertain me, they all get together at night and do a modified form of sit ups while eating. When eating jerky, jerk-ups. Popcorn is Corn-ups. When it's dried mangoes it's Mag-ups or go-ups, that one is still undecided.
 At lunches Elder Spiker gets everybody a round of "carbo" which is straight soda from the fountain drinks. Everybody who wants to puts their glasses together and yells carbo then chugs the soda water, which is really terrible. Maybe we should avoid the appearance of evil but we do have alot of fun together. Daniel can try that one if he dares. My time is up again so i'll catch you guys next week on p day.

No comments:

Post a Comment